CURRENT OPENING until Friday 16th April 2021
Cromwell Youth Trust (CYT) is an established youth service located in the heart of Cromwell, Central Otago. CYT support and advocate for young people attending Years 7-13 (aged 10/11 – 18 years old) and run a variety of services and programmes – including a drop-in youth centre, holiday programmes, youth development programmes, mentoring and more.
CYT has an exciting role available for a skilled and experienced Youth Worker to support & advocate young people to obtain a greater sense of self-awareness, confidence and gain positive decision making skills. This is currently a FIXED TERM role until October 2021; up to 32 hours per week.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 1 year working with young people in a youth development space
- Is energetic, positive, organised, able to use initiative and adaptable to continued change
- Has exceptional communication skills and engages with young people naturally
- Is fit, has a passion for working in the outdoors and enjoys inspiring youth through outdoor education
- Can develop positive relationships with local community members, businesses, funding bodies and other stakeholders
- Has sound judgement, discretion and maintains appropriate boundaries with young people
- Is passionate about positive youth development and supporting our young people daily
- Holds relevant qualifications for outdoor activities
- Can legally work in New Zealand for this fixed term timeframe
- Holds a full and clean New Zealand Driver’s License
Applicants are expected to have experience with facilitating personal and social development. They should have the ability to engage and inspire young people through positive youth development programmes.
In exchange we offer:
- Support for professional development
- Awesome co-workers and a collaborative team environment
- Amazing opportunities to be involved in and develop a wide range of youth programmes
If you feel you meet some but not all of the technical skills required, we would still be interested in hearing from you!