YOUTH WORKER (Full Time & Part Time Role available)
Cromwell Youth Trust (CYT) is an established youth service located in the heart of Cromwell, Central Otago. CYT support and advocate for young people attending Years 7-13 (aged 10/11 – 18 years old) and run a variety of services and programmes – including a drop-in youth centre, holiday programmes, youth development programmes, mentoring and more.
CYT has an exciting role available for a skilled and experienced Youth Worker to support & advocate for young people to obtain a greater sense of self-awareness, confidence and gain positive decision making skills. We currently have TWO roles available – a permanent role with up to 40 hours per week AND a part-time role with up to 20 hours per week.
We are looking for someone who:
- Preference to have a minimum of 2 years working within the Youth Sector
- Has passion, energy and who is positive, organised, able to use initiative and adaptable to continued change
- Has exceptional communication skills and engages with others, especially young people, naturally
- Is reasonably fit and has a passion for working within active activities inspiring youth through various programmes
- Can develop positive relationships with local community members, businesses, funding bodies and other stakeholders
- Has sound judgement, discretion and maintains appropriate boundaries with young people
- Is passionate about positive youth development and supporting our young people daily
- Can legally work in New Zealand
- Holds a current First Aid Certification
- Holds a full and clean New Zealand Driver’s License
Applicants are expected to have experience with facilitating personal and social development. They should have the ability to engage and inspire young people through positive youth development programmes.
In exchange we offer:
- Support for professional development
- Working within a modernised and creative space
- Awesome co-workers and a collaborative team environment
- Amazing opportunities to be involved in and develop a wide range of youth programmes
If you feel you meet some but not all of the technical skills required, we would still be interested in hearing from you!
Email your RESUME and COVER LETTER to Acting Manager Cody Randell via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Previous applicants need not apply.
There are opportunities available to volunteer.
Please check out our Volunteer With Us page