Expressions of Interest
Cromwell Youth Trust (CYT) are an established youth service located in the heart of Cromwell, Central Otago. CYT support and advocate for young people attending Years 7-13 (aged 10/11 – 18 years old) and run a variety of services and programmes – including a drop-in youth centre, holiday programmes, youth development programmes, mentoring and more.
CYT look for someone who advocates, supports, empowers and equips young people to obtain a greater sense of self-awareness, confidence and gain positive decision making skills.
We look for someone who:
- Has a minimum of 1 year working with young people in a youth development space
- Is energetic, positive, organised, able to use initiative and adaptable to continued change
- Has exceptional communication skills and engages with young people naturally
- Is fit, has a passion for working in the outdoors and enjoys inspiring youth through outdoor education
- Can develop positive relationships with local community members, businesses, funding bodies and other stakeholders
- Has sound judgement, discretion and maintains appropriate boundaries with young people
- Is passionate about positive youth development and supporting our young people daily
- Holds relevant qualifications
- Can legally work in New Zealand
- Holds a full and clean New Zealand Driver’s License
Applicants are expected to have experience with facilitating personal and social development. They should have the ability to engage and inspire using adventurous activities to help vulnerable young people who at times may display complex personal and or behavioural needs.
In exchange we offer:
- Support for professional development
- Awesome co-workers and a collaborative team environment
- Amazing opportunities to be involved in and develop a wide range of youth programmes
- A commitment to paying the living wage
To EXPRESS your interest for future opportunities please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org