Don’t panic. Spots can open up; join our waitlist
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to put yourself on our waitlist
DEPART: THURSDAY 8TH OCTOBER | 10AM
RETURN: FRIDAY 9TH OCTOBER | 4PM
AN OVERNIGHT CAMP WHERE WE GET TO EXPLORE THE HISTORIC RAIL TRAIL!
This is an absolute must for your child to do on the Spring Holiday Programme – join us as we take an overnight adventure on the Otago Rail Trail. Beginning towards Wedderburn we then make our way back to Clyde. With amazing scenery, gorges, tunnels and more where we are outdoors and away from technology!
Participants must have some experience with riding a bike to ensure they have a safe and comfortable experience.
Please note there are limited spaces
- Bike & Helmet supplied by Trail Journeys (please note that we CANNOT accommodate transport of your own personal bike but you may bring your own helmet)
- Meals; including x2 Lunches, x1 Dinner, x1 Breakfast and a variety of snacks
- Transport (depart from The Hangout & return to The Hangout)
- Sleeping Bag (if you wish to bring your own that is completely fine)
- Shelter for overnight camping
- Sunscreen, Bug Spray and other required gear
- Staffing with First Aid Certification
WHAT SHOULD MY CHILD BRING:
- Drink Bottle (this is an absolute must!)
- Appropriate clothing; for two days of biking and overnight sleeping (packing list will be provided prior to departure)
- Closed toed shoes
- Sleeping Bag (if you wish to not use our supply)
- Day Backpack – to store water bottles, snacks, etc
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Extra Snacks, optional (we are happy for your child to bring extra snacks, if they wish)
- A more detailed list will be provided closer to the camp date
Please note that we will have support vehicles that will be following our route and meeting us at pre determined locations. This means we are not requiring your child to transport heavy gear and food in their backpacks whilst riding.
Additionally, this allows us emergency transport in case of an unexpected event.
Please know that our programmes are only open to youth attending Grades 7-13 (10/11-18 years old)
Programmes developed and operated by Cromwell Youth Trust are designed to provide youth with the opportunity to have an enjoyable and fun experience in a safe and supportive environment. Our goals are to also support the development of essential life skills through experiential learning. All of our programmes are monitored by our experienced Youth Workers.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before registering your child onto our programmes
If this programme is fully booked please contact our team at email@example.com – your child will then be put on a waitlist – we apologise in advance for any inconvenience.